Society may frown on a lot of things, but really, why? It's not a big deal and I believe that if you are armed with a tool to help you combat stress, you should be allowed to use it.
People may say that you're too little to know what's best for you and that I should discourage you from it because it's habit forming, but it's much better for you to have a habit that helps you, than not have an outlet for stress. I don't feel guilty for the binkie, I see first hand how it helps you, it's natural for babies to suck, it releases stress reducing hormones in the brain, it's instinctual for a reason.
I'm not worried about the habit, better to have a minor habit to help you with later, if you don't self wean, than a stressed baby during such important times now.
No comments:
Post a Comment